Friday, June 17, 2005

Straight Path

I’m looking for the way to old anasazi
Yes I’m gone all day for old anasazi
I am riding along toward old anasazi
And nobody knows the way but me

I have been wandering along
To way out here yonder
Where the gullies draw buzzards
And the buffalo are goners
Nothing but their bleached bones can I see

I’ve never known the way to anasazi trail
Oh I don’t know the way to anasazi trail
I’ll never know the way to the anasazi trail
But nobody can know the way but me

The sun’s been low a longtime
And the cactuses draw long lines
While the air grows cooler but the
sun might go below the canyon line
Now ifonly the shining stars will let me see

Do you know how to get to the anasazi caves?
Am I on the way to the anasazi cave?
Can you show me the way to the anasazi caves?
Nobody can go that way but me

|

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger son rivers said...

While doing a google poem, I copied a snippet of this, not knowing it part of a poem. But saw it when I checked the link. Just wanted to say I much enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home